Parents sometimes find it challenging to help ill or injured child cope or recover. Working as a health care provider, many times parents may seek out advice from you on how best to help their child. To add to medical care and pain management guidance, here are six quick tips you can give to parents:
1) Let your child know that they are safe
2) Allow children to talk about their feelings, and their worries, if they want to
3) Go back to normal routines
4) Increase time with family and friends
5) Take time to deal with your own feelings
6) Keep in mind people in the same family can react in different ways.
What advice, guidance or tips do you give to the parents of your patients?